Information relating to coronavirus
We will keep this page updated with any relevant information as regards our business and how it may effect our customers.
Good news. On 11/06 Scottish Government stated that there is an intention to restart Tourism and Hospitality on July 15. As it stands and given no changes to instruction we will be commencing hires on this date.
Hirers must satisfy themselves in relation to health risks and bookings will not be taken for periods under restriction.
You should check the latest public health advice on coronavirus before you travel, or if you’ve just arrived in the UK.
The company will continue to trade as normally as possible within Government guidelines and regulations during the corona virus period. We are still taking bookings for this summer and autumn and have plans in place that will allow the business to continue to run with the minimum of disruption.
Existing and New Bookings Policy
We are committed to providing fulfilment on all bookings. We are making the following changes to Terms and Conditions to provide extra financial security to our customers as far as we can.
1. The remainder of any due balance of hire amounts is now reduced to 2 weeks prior to driving (previously 6 weeks)
2. In all cases whereby hirers are unable to travel due to regulatory restriction or unavailability of flights we will look individually and sympathetically at each case. We are offering re-bookings where appropriate and intend to make sure that all existing bookings are honoured. Consideration must be given to date of booking and or cancellation. Bookings taken during the pandemic period and subsequently not required will be treated differently because the hirer must accept some risk in their actions. Cancellations where the opportunity to re-let dates is diminished will be treated according to how much choice or warning of travel restriction was in effect.
We will always be fair and flexible in our offer and we ask the same in return.
We always recommend secondary travel insurance however new policies will have coronavirus claims specifically excluded. If you took out insurance prior to the current global situation you should check, you may have a claim.
Hirers must satisfy themselves as to the suitability of travel insurance for their needs.
Extra Vehicle Preparation Changes
New procedures with regard vehicle preparation will be introduced. These will be:
- A 48 hour gap between hire
- Equivalent of deep clean after each hire. Disinfectants will be used on surfaces within the vehicle.
- Any bedding materials supplied with the hire will be commercially laundered and a gap of at least 72 hours before they become available again.
- Vehicle handovers will be conducted within best practise guidelines
We will continue to operate our business with the advised changes. We have always made sure that our offer exceeded expectations and we take customer care and customer satisfaction very seriously in everything we do.