Summary of Terms and Booking Procedure.
Once you’ve decided on your van and your required dates please contact us via phone, email or our message box.
Thereafter there are two forms for you to complete.
On payment of 25% of the total hire amount and completion of the booking form your van will be reserved and the dates removed from the availability calender.
We will also send you an electronic version of our Contract of Hire which contains the full terms of the hire. You should read this contract and make yourself familiar with it’s contents. Before the period of hire commences you will be required to sign the contract.
We will require the balance of payment for the full hire at least six weeks prior to commencement of hire or as soon as is reasonably practical if the period of hire is within six weeks.
If for any reason you are unable to go through with the hire we will re-instate the dates as available on our calender and try to secure a booking or bookings for the same time period as the cancelled one. If successful, we will reimburse or part reimburse your payment (less the 25% deposit) we’ll try our best but there are no guarantees that this would be possible – especially at short notice
Insurance and General Requirements.
Our insurers place strict requirements on those drivers insured to drive our vehicles and of the vehicles use. A brief summary of those requirements are as follows. Drivers/Hirers must:
- Be over 25 and under 75 and must have had a full UK or EU license for at least 2 years.
- Be able to verify their identity by providing 2 forms of id such as a utility bill (no more than 60 days old) as well as a driving license.
- Provide a Security Deposit of £500 which is used as an ‘excess’ as per the terms of the Contract of Hire. Additionally, this security deposit will be held against the return of the vehicle in the same state as it was collected. This means clean, undamaged (including tyres and windscreen), complete with all equipment.Drivers may have no more than 6 ‘unspent’ penalty points. Any one conviction resulting in 6 penalty points must be specially approved. Drivers will be required to consent to a DVLA web check to verify license points status as these are no longer noted on the paper license.
- It is specifically noted that full time students, professional sportspeople, persons having had any form of motor insurance refused, persons having had more than 1 accident in the last 3 years, persons employed in the press industry, connected with the gambling, racing or gaming industry, employed in the professional entertainment industry and foreign service personnel are specifically excluded from hire or driving without prior approval by our insurers. If you believe you do not meet the above mentioned requirements please get in contact with us as we may be able to gain an insurance clearance after discussion with our insurers.
- Excess and Hire Deposit must be paid by a cleared and traceable method – in effect not cash.
The hirer agrees to return the vehicle on the day and at the time stated. Any deviation from this may result in the imposition of a penalty.
- The van will be collected with a full tank of fuel and should be returned this way with a full fuel tank.
- Any deductions will be notified as soon as practically possible and the balance returned thereafter. We reserve the right to deduct a reasonable charge and to allow for time taken to rectify the van to the standard agreed.
- Mileage Allowance
There is a daily allowance of 130 miles which is a very adequate daily range for this type of vehicle.